[mythtv-users] HD, XvMC, and realtime

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Sat May 6 13:38:47 EDT 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> top posting aside...
>
> what version of the nvidia drivers are you running? What Xorg version?
>
> I noticed that with Xorg 6.8 and the nvidia driver 8756 my Xorg usage
> spikes consuming all available CPU with prebuffer messages in the
> mythfrontend log now. I get it more with some recordings than others.
> This only started happening with 8756 as I used the same version of
> fixes as I was running with 7676 (just recompiled).

xorg is 6.8.2 with gentoo's r7 patches.  nvidia driver is 8756.  7676
isn't available to me, as I need to use a current current to support my
Aver A180 HDTV tuner.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting nowhere discovering what the message
indicates.  Is it pausing the display of video in order to fill a
pre-buffer?  Perhaps it's pausing the filling of the pre-buffer in order
to display it on the video?  These two things point at opposite sides of
the pipeline, so it's somewhat important to understand before trying to
solve the problem.  I've searched around, but can't seem to find
anything that really explains what the problem is - only stuff that
takes WAGS on how to fix it.. :(

Gary