[mythtv-users] Jerky picture esp on panning shots

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Sat May 6 11:29:58 EDT 2006

Greg Cope wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I get quite a jerky picture especially on panning shots.  Everything
> is still watchable, but is just not quite right.  Along with a size
> issue (My display is too small so I am missing 10 or so edge pixel)
>
> The Jerky picture is similar to the effect of panning shots on some
> LCD's that can't quite seem to keep up with the picture changing.

Make sure you're asking for and getting realtime priority.

I forget if OpenChrome supports OpenGL or DRM vsync.  If not, make sure
you're successfully using RTC vsync (not usleep, which takes more CPU).

Make sure your modeline's refresh rate is the same as (or a multiple of)
your video's framerate.

A search through the docs or archives will show you how to do these
things.  'mythfrontend --verbose playback' is a good place to start.

-Doug