[mythtv-users] Moving from MCE to MythTV

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:39:36 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Perry Gilfillan <perrye at gilfillan.org> wrote:
> Ron Rademaker wrote:
> > Is there a way to figure out if I'll run into trouble beforehand?
> > (Ending up with a broken PVR system for days would make me very unhappy
> > as I've really gotten used to one in the last year).
> >
> Use a new drive for the Myth install, and once things are working and
> you've migrated any existing recordings the MCE partitions can be
> reformated and added to the LVM that holds the Myth volumes.  Then grow
> the /media filesystem.

excellent suggestion ^^^^
you may also want to make sure that the hardware you're planning on
using is supported, ie, other ppl have similar systems working.  you
could search the archives
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/)
or check out the knoppmyth forums (http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/) -
they have a forum specifically for hardware that works with Myth and
hardware that doesn't...
there are other resources online for determining what hardware works
if you Google a bit.