[mythtv-users] Moving from MCE to MythTV

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:39:36 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Perry Gilfillan <perrye at gilfillan.org> wrote:
> Ron Rademaker wrote:
> > Is there a way to figure out if I'll run into trouble beforehand?
> > (Ending up with a broken PVR system for days would make me very unhappy
> > as I've really gotten used to one in the last year).
> >
> Use a new drive for the Myth install, and once things are working and
> you've migrated any existing recordings the MCE partitions can be
> reformated and added to the LVM that holds the Myth volumes.  Then grow
> the /media filesystem.

excellent suggestion ^^^^
you may also want to make sure that the hardware you're planning on
using is supported, ie, other ppl have similar systems working.  you
could search the archives
or check out the knoppmyth forums (http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/) -
they have a forum specifically for hardware that works with Myth and
hardware that doesn't...
there are other resources online for determining what hardware works
if you Google a bit.