[mythtv-users] sharing with the wife...

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sat May 6 09:45:22 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:27:42PM +0200, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
> My wife and I take a different approach to this. Shows that we both
> want to watch are recorded in a "Shared" group. After either of us
> has watched it, we move it to the other's group. Whatever you watch
> from your own group can be safely deleted.

Very sensible for a couple, but it really doesn't scale to a larger
family.  It takes 2^n-1 recording groups if there are n TV-watchers in
the house.  And each watcher has to look in half of the groups to find
all the programs they want to watch.  You really need something that
tags each program with a *set* of watchers, as the request in the wiki
suggests.

I think something along those lines was included in Google Summer of
Code list of projects, so maybe someone will work on this soon.

--
Peter Schachte              The government of the United States does not, in
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        its policies, express the decency of its people.