[mythtv-users] MythArchive has been added to svn - Please test

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat May 6 08:20:36 EDT 2006

>> So, to get a specific recording off a STB-playable DVD, you'd have to
>> break it out of its container (for a second time, since the same was
>> true for putting it into the VOB).  So it's not the same file you
>> originally recorded.  Basically, it's been VOBified.  :)
>
> why would more than one recording need to be in a VOB file?

 	That's what I was thinking.  The DVD-format is rather flexible on
how DVDs are structured logically.  Multiple VOBs, multiple streams within
a VOB, merging, linking, etc, etc... it's all defined in the IFO headers
and the titleset construction.  Splitting into 1GB chunks or having
multiple VTS's isn't a problem.  The larger concern is whether or not a
particular set of streams is compatible with the DVD format... like a DVB
recording with multiple substreams.

-Cory