[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Sat May 6 05:06:44 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Chris Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Greg Woods wrote:

>>Does audio in scheduled recordings work, and do you have more than one
>>capture card? I had a similar problem setting up my new MBE/FE machine,
>
> Audio in TV doesn't happen at all, in recordings or LiveTV. I've
> only one card (a cheapo Pinnacle PCTV Stereo card), and the video
> side of that is recording/viewing perfectly. All volumes are set
> to max until I can figure out what is stopping the audio.
>
> I'm wondering if the audio encoder is not working...

I have discovered that when I run livetv I can start tvtime.
There is no picture in tvtime as mythtv has grabbed the video
device, but more importantly tvtime unmutes the 'Aux' channel
and increments the volume to that channel. Then mythtv records
and plays sound in tv, although only on the left channel...

If I manually unmute 'Aux' and increase the volume I still
cannot get MythTV to hear/record audio in livetv. Weird huh?

If thats a clue to you guys its not to me...its just confusing!

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.