[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris gchris at bellsouth.net
Fri May 5 22:49:01 EDT 2006

> Hi there,
>
> Greg Woods wrote:

>> Does audio in scheduled recordings work, and do you have more than one
>> capture card? I had a similar problem setting up my new MBE/FE machine,
>
> Audio in TV doesn't happen at all, in recordings or LiveTV. I've
> only one card (a cheapo Pinnacle PCTV Stereo card), and the video
> side of that is recording/viewing perfectly. All volumes are set
> to max until I can figure out what is stopping the audio.
>
> I'm wondering if the audio encoder is not working...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Chris, I may have misunderstood you originally, thinking you were using
the conventional line-in to get sound.  That works for me with Suse 10
but I have never tried using aux-in.  I was under the impression that
Mythtv *wants* to use line-in and will try to "grab" that input.

You should be able to easily test your audio decoder by simply wiring it
directly to an amp and see if audio is present while you are recording.