[mythtv-users] Overscan & GUI/OSD

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 5 14:41:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 14:33 -0400, Steve Skarda wrote:
>  have you tried to adjust the gui size in the appearance portion of
> the setting menu?

That's been suggested, and it will probably fix the original poster's
problem (that I also have) with the OSD going off the screen. But it
won't do much to help my "bent down" picture. Only finding a way to
generate a mode line for this TV will do that. I tried using the
get-edid software, but it doesn't work because this machine actually has
an onboard ATI video chip that I'm not using, and the documentation says
that EDID flat out won't work if you have multiple video cards.

I'm actually going to try pulling out the FX5200 card and just using the
onboard video. It ought to work fine for this SD TV, and the picture
problem I have now may or may not just disappear when I switch cards.

--Greg