[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video

Andrew Cope andrew at evergreencomputing.com
Fri May 5 13:12:15 EDT 2006

Andrew Cope wrote:
> Stephen Williams wrote:

>>> What was your ticket number. I'll re-open it with my details. (Maybe
>>> later today if I find time.)
>> I don't think there's any point in reopening the ticket. The ticket
>> was closed because the 'fault' was not against an official release.
>> The fact that you have applied a patch against the the fixes branch
>> will invalidate your ticket, i.e. the fault may be (and probably is in
>> this case) caused by an incompatibility between the patch anf the
>> fixes branch.
>>
>> Feel free to re-open the ticket if you can reproduce the fault against
>> a clean checkout of the fixes branch or the current SVN head.
>

> I've just taken out the DVB radio patch from my 0.19-fixes code, and
> whaddayaknow, myth works normally. i.e. tuner is on Channel 70 (CBBC)
> which is off the air now, and myth times-out and pops up a dialog
> inviting me to choose another channel. Good stuff.
>
> So there's something in the DVB radio patch that doesn't quite work well
> with 0.19-fixes.
>
> Anyone fancy diving into the code?
>
> I have to have the radio patch there so my wife can record The Archers
> on Radio 4. (I know, I know).
>
> Cheers
> Andrew

Ultimately I couldn't fix the code, so I've ended up creating a dirty
hack to reset the value in cardinput.startchan to 1 (BBC ONE).

I've got a simple shell script that does the update if one or both of my
tuners are idle.

A better solution might be to patch the mythtv code so that startchan
never gets updated, but I'm a hacker by heart. :-)

Cheers
Andrew
Email:    andrew at evergreencomputing.com
Website:  http://evergreencomputing.com