[mythtv-users] just bought an SP13000, did I make a stupid mistake?

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:19:49 EDT 2006

A little background - I've had a working EPIA M-9000 for a couple of years.
It's woefully behind in every way (OS, MythTV version, IVTV driver), but the
family uses it daily. (And we don't even have a working IR remote; we use an
IR keyboard.)

So I decided after getting paid for a side admin job that it was time to
build a replacement. I just ordered an SP13000 + memory + SATA disk + silent
power so that I could build a new MythTV and swap it in. Was my choice of
the SP13000 ill-advised?

I'm not doing HD, and I'll probably use the S-Video out like I do currently
with the M9k board. I'm not afraid of patching and building if so required,
but I was hoping with the new Unichrome stuff that I'll get much better
output than what I currently get with my ancient via drivers in an old RH
kernel.

...Kevin