[mythtv-users] Free Internet TV?

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:47:26 EDT 2006

> On May 4, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
> >> http://www.channelchooser.com/
> >>
> >> I have two questions: firstly can it work in linux?
> >>
> >> secondly if it can be got working in linux can it be intergrated into
> >> mythtv at all? From the front page it should be playable in mplayer
> >> and you can hence use mplayer --dumpfile to download the file for
> >> personal viewing, or just a straightforward playing. of the channels.
> >
> > MythstreamTV might be able to do something wit hit but you'd have to
> > work out the URLs to the video content.
> >

> The site is extremely Linux-Unfriendly, telling you it is optimized
> for Internet Explorer and that only Windows and Mac are "fully
> supported", but it doesn't work with my Mac even after installing
> their "suggested" player download, which calls home to report
> "something".
>
> Windows WeenieWare, possible spyware IMHO

After having done some more investigations the streams can be played
with a combination of firefox mplayerplug-in and mplayer. By running
firefox in debug mode you can get the url of the stream which can then
be player direct in mplayer.

The site doesnt host any of the streams, it just links to other sites.
I presume then that mythstreamtv could well be used to play them.

Paul