[mythtv-users] DVB - Unreliable scanning/tuning in 0.19

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Fri May 5 07:41:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have 2 DVB card in seperate machines, one is a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T pci,
the other a Hauppauge Dec2000T usb. TZAP/Scan tunes/scans reliably every
time on both cards yet Myth 0.19 (tried many different versions) is really
unreliable. Scanning for channels I have to increase the timeout values alot
to even find most of the channels. Even then I have to scan several times
over to find them all. The Dec2000T doesn't seem to find any channels atall
yet works fine with the dvbutils scan.

I know this has been posted about before but I'm stuck on 0.18 and would
really like to move on to 0.19. Why doesn't Myth scan/tune the same way TZAP
does?

Many thanks

Dom