[mythtv-users] Transcode or Nuvexport issue from mpg (mpeg) to avi

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 5 07:25:40 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:41:16PM +0000, Giacomo Shimmings wrote:
> I've just made a nuvexport --transcode Xvid from a recorded DVB-T Mpg and a
> transcoded NUV - both have rendered properly (although the NUV file during
> transcoding has changed aspect ratio to 4:3 but this has always been the
> case).

I can't remember where I read to do this, but I've found that copying
/etc/nuvexportrc to ~/.nuvexportrc and editing it to add the line

	force_aspect = 16:9

fixes that problem.  Of course, if you're trying to export 4:3
programs you won't want to do that.

--
Peter Schachte              The most unpardonable sin in society is
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        independence of thought.