[mythtv-users] Mythmusic keys problem: pgup/pgdn

Adam Hirsch mythtv at quakerporn.com
Thu May 4 14:27:59 EDT 2006

Jeff Simpson (jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu) wrote:

> There are a lot of non-intuitive things about the key settings in
> myth. I emailed the list awhile back asking about them and got zero

People only tend to respond to those things that they can help with or have
an opinion on, I figure.  Can't fight human nature.  :)

> Try restarting mythbackend, as weird as that seems.

I did -- no dice.  I'll poke around in the sourcecode later on, I guess.
I'm not a programmer, but cargo-cult modifications are pretty easy,
sometimes.

> I'd like to give you a hand with this if I can be helpful. Try
> installing mythcontrol and see if that gets you any closer. I'd like
> to see all the hardcoded keys removed entirely and replaced by a
> default set of keys (stored in the same way that mythcontrol would
> have saved tham). That's the only way to be sure that keys are being
> mapped correctly and not just riding on the default keypresses.

Cool, I'll check out mythcontrol.  I'll need to get the box stable in a
week or two to introduce it to my wife, but until then, I should be able to
break it at will.

Adam

--
 adam at baz.org                     A child of _five_ would understand this.
 adam hirsch                      Send somebody to fetch me a child of five!