[mythtv-users] nvidia twinview problems..

Ed Neff backhoes at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:03:15 EDT 2006

Michael,

You might want to see the thread from May 2 that has the following URL in
it:

  http://niels.dybdahl.dk/public/xorg.conf.twinview

I used both the URL and Appendix P from the Nvidia 8756 README to get
a "multiple X screens" setup to work.  It's not Twinview, even though the
URL
uses the term.  It took a little work because my first try had the two
devices
reversed (TV and Monitor were assigned to the wrong Screens in xorg.conf).

The results are that MythTV comes up on the TV, via the S-Video connector,
and a separate KDE screen comes up on the Monitor, via the DVI connector.
The remote (an ATI Remote Wonder) controls MythTV and the keyboard
controls the KDE screen.

One quirk deserves mentioning.  After working on the KDE screen, the KDE
task bar will sometimes appear on the TV screen.  I haven't found a nice way
to get rid of it, other than to kill the MythTV task and restart it using a
script
that is quite similar to Jarod's mythpowerbutton.sh.

Maybe you can use the above references to get two screens working.

--
Ed Neff