[mythtv-users] NUV to DVD, at last!

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu May 4 08:06:45 EDT 2006

 	Not to pee in your pool, but I've seen dozens of these magic
scripties come and go through the list.  Since you use ProjectX, I'd be
inclined to believe that the sync actually is OK for most stuff.  MANY
folks just use the mpeg demuxing or avidemux2 to separate A/V since it
works 95% of the time.  During debugging they may never encounter captures
that have A/V time glitches, so it seems like it works fine.

 	I would like to humbly suggest that the lossless MPEG2->MPEG2
written into mythtranscode by Geoffrey Hausheer be the preferred method
for making a recording exportable.  The more testing we get on this, the
closer we'll be to having simple method to archive to DVD.  Once the
commercials are cut and A/V sync fixed (including time irregularities
injectedby the commercial cuts!), burning is trivial:
replex -t DVD cut_fixed_infile.nuv > outfile.mpg
dvdauthor -o dvd outfile.mpg
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd dvd/

-Cory