[mythtv-users] showing free disk space within mythtv?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 4 07:14:47 EDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 5:02 AM, mp3geek wrote:

> basically I have my myth box which is being constantly being
> updated with new media and networked to my windows box , and its
> handy to have free disk infomation from within myth without ssh'ing
> into it all the time, just to check if space is available.
>
> I've played around with meedio and mediaportal, both of which have
> a diskspace utility (admittedly meedio's freespace looks nicer).
> I'm just surprised noone has a plugin or even asked about such a
> feature.

I'm not surprised, as I and other have said, whatever you are using
to transfer files will tell you how much free space you have, and if
you're not transferring files why would you care? Myth will show you
how much space exists for its purposes, along with what it plans to
do if it needs more space, and you can "reserve" as much space as you
like in setup.