[mythtv-users] OT - MX4000 to FX5200

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 00:42:09 EDT 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> On May 3, 2006, at 7:05 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>> glen martin wrote:
>>
>>> Did you try booting with only the TV connected (no VGA)?
>> ust tried that. Nothing at the TV. So, no S-Video out when the VGA is
>> disconnected or connected.
>>

> Just checking the obvious:
>
> Are you using the very same S-Video cable? Same TV ?
>
> Have you tried Composite out to see if that works?

Nothing has changed but the card. Same software, same hw (except the card)

> If you're using the N-Vidia driver, does nvidia-settings seem to know
> about both monitors?

Xorg reports that it can't connect to the TV -- not news here, that's
what I reported originally.

I assume that if xorg knows nothing about the second monitor,
nvidia-settings wouldn't either.
And, when I check nvidia, it doesn't see the TV/S-Video

Justs seems darn weird, doesn't it. That's why I asked if there is
something I need to set on the FX5200.

brad