[mythtv-users] Migrating database from 0.18 to 0.19 (SQL hacking?)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed May 3 17:14:38 EDT 2006

> Well, you could get a running version of .18 on the new box, using a
> copy of your old db, then do the upgrade. I'm not sure of any other way
> to do it that would be easy. I'm sure someone else will have a much
> better way than I, though.
>
> Tom

 	Urgh!  I guess that's a way, but I'm *TRYING* to do this the easy
way... :)  Last time I rolled over a new machine, I went from a FC-based,
partial atrpms, partial compiled system to knoppmyth (to make it easy...
ha!).  After slow response, and unexplained crashes, bugs, and broken
recordings, with that system I'm finally going back to more or less
following Jarod's guide with a vanilla FC box and atrpms.

 	In other words, it'll be rather difficult to abuse yum to force an
older version of mythtv on the FC5 box.  If that's the only way, I could
go that route, but it's certainly unpleasant.

-Cory