[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase throughed shared internet connection

Mike Harrison trapperofspam at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 17:36:36 UTC 2006

My friend tried your suggestion and this is what he got.

sh-3.00$ wget 'http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/x
tvd.wsdl'
--07:04:28--
http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/xtvd.wsdl

           => `xtvd.wsdl.1'
Resolving docs.tms.tribune.com... 206.18.98.141
Connecting to docs.tms.tribune.com|206.18.98.141|:80... connected.
Length: 5,309 (5.2K) [text/plain]

 0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s

0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s

0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s
 0%
[                           ] 0             --.--K/s
 0% [
] 0             --.--K/s
 0% [                           ]
0             --.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0
--.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s

 0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s

0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s

0% [                           ] 0             --.--K/s
 0%
[                           ] 0             --.--K/s
 0% [
] 0             --.--K/s
 0% [                           ]
0             --.--K/s
 0% [                           ] 0

Chris Moewes-Bystrom <chris.moewes at gmail.com> wrote: You can have him try the following:

[host]$ wget http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/xtvd.wsdl

and see if that gets any results. That will basically try to access
the soap interface directly. You won't get any program data but you
will be able to determine if you are getting any results. That will
help to eliminate if it is a networking issue.

You can also try running tv_grab_na_dd at the prompt as well.

On 5/2/06, Mike Harrison  wrote:
> I recently helped a friend setup myth on a fresh ubuntu breezy install. We
> set the whole thing up at my place because he doesn't have a broadband
> connection. When he left my place everything was working perfectly. He has
> since told me that when he got home and tried to run mythfilldatabase to
> connect to zap2it, the connection timed out.
>
> His setup at home is he has dial-up connection on a windows box. He connects
> to the windows machine through a wired router from his myth box using
> internet connection sharing. He has made sure that he has an internet
> connection before trying to run mythfilldatabase. He can ping the windows
> machine. He can connect to websites.
>
> What could be causing mythfilldatabase to timeout while connecting to
> zap2it?

Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com
chris.moewes at gmail.com