[mythtv-users] Xorg.conf for nVidia 8756 driver

Giacomo Shimmings giacomo_shimmings at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 09:53:37 EDT 2006

Damn shame about the xorg.conf - I would try removing the screen resolution down to 720x576 (as from your log file) and then try going lower until you see something.  Did you see the post and Bios screen?

When I first upgraded to the latest nvidia and kernel it was by accident.  I got a dos screen warning me my xorg.conf was incorrect and that's when I realised I needed a nvidia driver with the same kernel version.  Foolishly I just went for the latest one - and I had read that ATrpms creates a new xorg.conf.nvidia based on your settings but with the correct driver settings.  What other files do you see if you:

ls -l /etc/X11/xorg*

Maybe you should edit the nvidia xorg file to get what you need.  It should start working from changing the 'nv' to 'nvidia' option and then you can tweak the other options (like 'nologo' etc).

Mail me direct if you want to chat on Skype - I can't run msn messenger while I'm at work!