[mythtv-users] Controlling Input Used for Recordings

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 02:02:08 UTC 2006

I think I have my problem solved.  The key, as some responses seemed
to indicate, looks like it is the Callsign field.  As I stated, I
filled in the data for Callsign and XMLTV ID, thinking that they were
both necessary in order for "mythfilldatabase" to populate the
Programming Guide for these channels.  Now it looks like XMLTV ID is
the only one that matters.  (Which kind of makes sense, but I'm still
in the learning stages of this project.)

I changed the Callsign on one of my digital channels, appending a "-D"
to it, then set up a single recording on the channel.  Sure enough it
recorded the digital channel like I wanted.  At some point I may go
back to letting MythTV handle the decision on which input to use, but
at least I know how to change the behavior.

If I run into any more issues I'll post again, but thanks to all of
those who responded and help me solve this problem.