[mythtv-users] Video Display card recommendation

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 2 23:06:40 UTC 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 5:00 PM, Joel Turner wrote:

> Your correct. I read the message too quickly and just saw that he
> had no
> AGP and assumed PCI-E.  A 5200 would be the card for a PCI based
> setup.
> Having run a 5200 using the nVidia driver and nivida-settings to tweak
> output, the PVR-350 looks better on my particular setup and I'm not
> bothered by the disadvantages.

In all the discussion of the problems with 350s I don't think anybody
has denied that the SD output from decoded MPEG-2 files is great, and
can't be bettered even by a pair of 7800s in SLI.

Does anybody know if the output circuits of the 350 are the same as
the MediaMVP? They both look great to me and the flexibility of being
able to put the MVP anyplace on the network is very handy to some of us.