[mythtv-users] Video Display card recommendation

R rawgarlic at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:39:24 UTC 2006

R wrote:
> This 2 year old Dell PowerEdge SC420 will be the Myth box, it has
> "Intel Celeron processor, 325J, 2.53GHz, 256KB Cache, 533MHz FSB"
>
> It has no AGP slots.
>
> So I need a Video Display card:
> a.  For a PCI slot
> b.  Works with MythTV
> c.  Has integrated TV-out capability
>
> I want my MythTV (menus and content) displayed on an older 30 inch TV.

"Brad Fuller" <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:

for this particular setup, why not go with a PVR350?

Ok, but how do I get all of MythTV on the video out of the PVR-350?

In my (limited) understanding, I can see the MythTV menus on my
desktop CRT monitor.  As soon as I select "Watch TV" then the
desktop CRT monitor goes blank and the TV monitor displays the TV content.

When I hit the "esc" key on the keyboard to stop watching TV then my
TV monitor goes blank and the desktop CRT monitor comes back with
the MythTV menus.

So I am toggling between the (navigation) desktop CRT monitor and the
(content) TV monitor.

I just want all of it on the TV monitor.

I don't mind if the desktop CRT monitor is still connected and out of sight.
I will turn it on once in a while for maintenance.