Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 21:39:19 UTC 2006

Typically a mythbackend script would have been put in your /etc/init.d
directory I would think when you did a make install.  Does one appear
(something maybe with a .sh or something) in the /usr/local hierarchy that
you might have to copy in?  Maybe check the documentation and contrib
directories for a startup script?

The good thing is, if you have an old system with a bootable myth-backend
it's easy to re-create that.

The easiest might be simply to copy the old file from the old system to
/etc/init.d, modify it to point to the directory structure (sounds like
/usr/local in your case) where you've installed Myth, and run it, the
options hopefully havn't changed much between 0.18 and 0.19 (I have NO
experience with .18).  Just make sure you use `chkconfig --level 345
mythbackend on` to get it starting at boot.

--Douglas Wagner