[mythtv-users] zap2it and qam

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 1 18:06:39 UTC 2006

On 04/30/2006 10:32 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

>At the moment something is seriously wrong with the DataDirect feed, at
>least for Rogers Digital channels. No matter what I do, I either get 506
>channels or 1 channel in my digital lineup when mythfilldatabase runs. I
>can modify the lineup but it does not 'stick'. The plain analog-only
>channels is unaffected. The digital one is messed badly.
>
>I have now realized that if I delete channels in mythtv-setup's channel
>editor then mythfilldatabase does not download that information. But at
>the moment that is still 305 channels and.... it takes a while...
>
>Anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Daniel recently committed some code to SVN head that will automatically
remove channels that are not in Myth's database from DataDirect lineups
for digital sources.  (He has since committed a patch that allows the
user to specify this should occur for analog sources, too.)  So,
basically, AIUI, you should follow the instructions for QAM channel
scanning that Daniel posted in his commit message...
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/195265#195265

Mike