[mythtv-users] Xorg.conf for nVidia 8756 driver

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:50:29 UTC 2006

> I'd make sure your TV can handle 1024x768 or change your xorg.conf to
> request 720x567.

OK - I've done that but the end result is the same.

> A few years back I fought with X for a while and it turned out that
> everything was actually working. The problem was that I had no X client
> configured to start after X started. Without something configured, X
> will start and then immediately stop.

Not sure what you're saying here. My setup works perfectly under vsn
7664 of the driver so that must mean that I have a X client configured
- doesn't it?

This is all very strange and I'm now starting to get very concerned
about how difficult this is to get working. Because of the kmdl issue
I'm going to have to be extrmely careful that I don't upgrade the
kernel because I assume version 7664 (which is the latest version I
can get working) will soon be unsupported and ATRPMs won't be
maintaining it for new kernels any more.

Is there some sort of configurator tool that can generate a simple
working X that I can then tweak later?

Regards,
Phill