[mythtv-users] Viewing recorded programs page in mythweb is slow

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Mon May 1 09:19:11 UTC 2006

> > b) looking at the timestamps, a handful of .png files (nine to be
> > exact) keep getting re-created everytime I view the Recorded Programs
> > page of mythweb.
>
> Mythweb checks the modification timestamp for the recording in the
> database and compares it with the creation date of the thumbnail.  If
> the thumbnail is too old, it requests a new one from the backend.  This
> means that either your database is somehow corrupt and has timestamps
> set in the future, or you're changing (that include playing) the
> recordings.

I have the same problem, so I checked in my mythweb/data/cache folder.
I opened  the recorded shows in MythWeb and 439 out of 528 thumbnails were
regenerated.
A couple of minutes later I refreshed the web page and this time 418
thumbnails were regenerated. I could not watch so many shows in such a short
time and I do not think that all these entries should be corrupt. None of
them have dates in the future.
I just tried once more and all 418 thumbnails from second try were
regenerated, so the 21 (439-418) that were not regenerated in the second and
third try could have been played or new since last time I used MythWeb.
The 418 shows consists of all recorded with 0.18.1 and numerous recorded
with 0.19 including those recorded today.

Niels Dybdahl