[mythtv-users] Fast Forward locks up my MythBox

mikerice1969 at comcast.net mikerice1969 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 31 21:58:27 UTC 2006

Not good news.

From: "Jeff Simpson" <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu>
> On 3/31/06, mikerice1969 at comcast.net <mikerice1969 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> FFW (and RWD) have bugs with the PVR-350 on 0.19 causing the frontend to
> lock up (doesn't normally require a reboot, are you sure the box isn't still
> alive and just not listening to the frontend and keyboard?)

About 10% of the time for me it will only crash the frontend.  90% of the time just FFWD at 3x will lock up the machine completely requiring a reboot.  (The drive light has stopped ad well as the keyboard... pretty dead.)

It sounds like my situation is more severe than some others.  From the thread mentioned it looks like most can FF at 3x without crashing but I certainly cannot.

> Hopefully somebody can pipe in with a suggestion for how to disable FFW and
> RWD (I think somebody emailed me how to do it, but now I can't find it among
> the zillions of other mythtv messages)

I'll be looking into that if no one else has a suggestion.  I will look into the crash too but having no particular background in video it'll likely take me awhile to figure out what is going on.

I do have a couple other video cards with TV-out so I will likely try them so I can isolate it to the PVR-350 TV-out.