[mythtv-users] MythTv not recording scheduled things

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Fri Mar 31 05:31:41 UTC 2006

Ed Martin <edman007x at mac.com> writes:

> i think this happened after i upgraded to the 2.6.16 kernel with ivtv
> 0.6, anyways all the stuff that i have scheduled never gets recorded,
> all that i see is that it was recorded but the file for it wasn't
> created (thats what mythfrontend says)

I had this happen to me yesterday. The ivtv device stopped working. I couldn't
even play video from it with mplayer directly.

I had to remove the ivtv driver along with all the attendant modules like saa*
and cx* and reinsert them. It hasn't happened since and it didn't happen
before. The only thing that was different when it happened was that I had the
ivtv-fb module loaded and was using ivtv output as well as input.

--
greg