[mythtv-users] New guy here...

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Mar 30 20:41:16 UTC 2006

thomas.wright at mindspring.com wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I've read a few things about MythTV and am intrigued.  As a DirecTivo user, I can say I've always wanted more features for things as simple as sorting the programs differently.  (DirecTV boxes are really slow to update compared to regular TiVO units.)
>
> But... can anyone point me to a Tivo/MythTV comparison page?  Or even just start listing why MythTV is better?
>
> I'm getting divorced and will consequently NOT have a monster HoneyDo list any longer, thus freeing up some time.

You could head down to the ALE meeting on the 13th. Mike Harrison is
presenting on
"MythTV for the Common Man", and I'll be demoing my main MythTV box and
perhaps
giving a short presentation too. Beyond that, there's always self help:
    http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin