[mythtv-users] Myth records a few seconds then ivtv dies

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 13:57:35 UTC 2006

I think all of this started after upgrading form 2.6.12 to 2.6.15. The ivtv
drivers seem to be installed properly. I can use cat /dev/video0 to record
and there are no errors between START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV in dmesg.
Also can watch tv with myth. The problem is that when I try to record
something with myth, it gets only a few seconds and then stops. After that I
have to reload the ivtv module before anything will work again. Here is the
error output from dmesg:

ivtv0 warning: ENC: (0) DMA Error 0x0000000b
ivtv0 warning: ENC: (0) DMA Error 0x0000000b
ivtv0 warning: ENC: (0) DMA Error 0x0000000b
ivtv0 warning: ENC: REG_DMAXFER 2 wait failed
ivtv0 warning: ENC: DMA still Pending while stopping capture!
ivtv0 warning: ENC: DMA still Pending while stopping capture!