[mythtv-users] preset tuner channel to 3, but always tunes to channel 4

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:08:51 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Robert Anderson <riznob at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two a PVR-150 that I am using with my digital cable box. I have it
> configured to preset tuner to channel 3, which I have verified in the
> database. The problem is that it always tunes to channel 4 which picks up
> only static from the digital cable box. To troubleshoot I unset the change
> channel program and preset tuner channel and verified that it can actually
> tune channel 3. I also tried setting the preset tuner channel to other
> channels and still it always tunes to channel 4. Any ideas?
>
> --
> Rob Anderson
> riznob at gmail.com

So it seems that some of the changes I am making in mythtvsetup are not
taking effect, or at least not immediately. I still have not resolved this,
but I did work around it by using the composite input, which is much better
quality. Now my problem is that when I start live tv with the PVR-150 tuner,
it starts on channel 562, which an arbitrary channel that I chose when
troubleshooting the previous problem. Any idea why this persists? I shutdown
mythfrontned and mythbackend while making the changes in mythtvsetup. I even
did a reboot before starting everything up again.

--
Rob Anderson
riznob at gmail.com