[mythtv-users] upgraded to mythtv 0.19 - mythweb blew up!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Mar 30 03:12:58 UTC 2006

> The bug prevented me from scheduling recordings of shows that were
> already listed as recorded. If I set a "record this program" from
> mythweb it would not work. That being said, this could be remedied by
> going to the frontend and setting it up there.

That's strange.  Email me off-list about this if you're interested.  The
"has been recorded" stuff will still happen for shows that you recorded
at some point in the past, so if it prevents them from being
re-recorded, that's definitely a bug.

> Perhaps a note regarding this should be made on the Wiki? There seems
> to be very little information about MythWeb on their (perhaps a
> troubleshooting section).

You mean like the one in the mythweb section of the release notes for
.19.1 (which used to be the "fixes branch" release notes)?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19.1

It was covered in depth on the mailing list and there's a lengthy ticket
in trac about it, too.  Unfortunately, not easiest bit to search on, but
I don't really know what else could have been done.  I don't touch the
wiki, and I think that most people still accept that mythtv is a "geek's
toy" so expect people to be somewhat saavy when they encounter install
issues (at least until 1.0 comes out).

-Chris