[mythtv-users] PCChips Geode MoBo?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Wed Mar 29 22:09:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:21:21 -0500
Warren wrote:

> I have had no problems running mythtv with a PVRx50 card on both an
> EPIA-M10000 (
> http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/78_76/products_id/32 )
> and an EPIA-SP8000 (
> http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/78_76/products_id/306
> ).  The M10000 is far cheaper (almost 30%) but will not do
> hardware-accelerated MPEG4.  The SP8000 will do MPEG4 (when the drivers
> support it) and is fanless.
>
> I am hoping to get my hands on an EPIA-EN board board from the epiOS
> guys soon, but I have to talk them into it first :)
>
> I am not endorsing the site whose URLs I posted, they were just handy
> and have the specs readily available.

OK I have an M9000 with 256M Ram, PVR 150 and gentoo with mythtv 0.19.
It is totally useless for live tv or even recording now. In my efforts
to get XvMC going I seem to have completely borked the whole thing and I
am considering rebuilding the whole thing, (software-wise).

I am a great gentoo fan, but unsure whether I want to go through
installing gentoo on it again.

Do you have a recommendation for a distro to use on it, where I will get
XvMC working out of the box, with smooth livetv and actually have a
usable PVR with high WAF (which is about zero at the moment).

My box works fine most of the time for watching videos etc via
mythvideo, in fact that is 99% of its life. I would like to do the PVR
thing, but am not allowed to spend too much more money.  The local (NZ)
sky tv now have an upgrade available (for $600) to a hard drive recorder
with two tuners. Now I don't particularly want their box, with no simple
ability to transfer recordings to other formats or storage, but its
looking popular with the rest of the household!

So, please help save my mythbox!

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>