[mythtv-users] Playback too fast

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 18:36:39 UTC 2006

Greg Stark <gsstark at MIT.EDU> writes:

> I made an LD_PRELOAD library to prevent the problem with the bogus dot clock
> from X. However now I have a new problem.
>
> Everything is being played at at least 60fps. If I set "Use video as timebase"
> which I had hoped would fix it then the audio gets warped to match (leading to
> chipmunk mode). If I leave it off then the audio just skips ahead to keep up.

Ok, here's a weird data point: If I prevent mythtv from being able to use
XVideo (by starting mplayer to grab the xv port -- ati drivers only seem to
provide a single port) then it plays back perfectly.

Why would mythtv play back at the wrong speed when using XVideo but play back
at the correct rate when using plain Xshm?

(Playing back without Xv uses about 90% of my cpu which is a bit
disappointing. mplayer uses under 30% of my cpu to play the same video)

--
greg