[mythtv-users] tveeprom-ivtv hoses my bttv card, how do I use the kernel tveeprom?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 29 17:22:00 UTC 2006

Duncan Brown wrote:
> Robert Anderson wrote:
>
>> So I've done a lot a research to find that I probably need to "use the
>> kernel version of tveeprom"
>
> This is a problem I have almost every time I upgrade ivtv. The way I
> solve it is to first delete (or rename) the tveeprom.ko located in
>
> /lib/modules/2.6.*wherever*/updates/drivers/media/video/
>
> Then run depmod -ae and reboot
>
> Whether this is the 'correct' method i have no idea, but it WFM.

Do  a 'find / -name 'tveeprom*'

You should find one under /lib/modules/$KVER/kernel....

Another under  /lib/modules/$KVER/updates....

and the one causing the problem would be from the ivtv install under

/lib/modules/$KVER/ivtv...

Its the last 2 you need to re-name so the ONLY the kernel version is used.

Geoff