[mythtv-users] PCChips Geode MoBo?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Mar 29 11:01:38 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience with the 'new' PCChips M863G Geode3600+
(Athlon2800+ 'mobile') (v7.1) MoBo?

It looks nice enough for a frontend, although it doesn't have S-Video or
composite output (Which isn't too much of an issue for PAL TV's with
SCART), but will it bear the brunt of an added backend?

My main concerns are an apparent lack of S/PDIF (though I may have
overlooked it <G>) and audio performance as well as how it performs for
video-playback.
(I am planning - for starters - to have a PVR-150 in there and run both
frontend and backend on it. I hope to add separate backends in the
future, and maybe drop the tunercard in this one, although I like the
idea of it being able to work standalone if needed)

TIA!

--
Francesco Peeters
No sigs on this machine!