[mythtv-users] Run command when Live TV starts...

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 29 06:57:41 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Josh Leavitt
Sent: 29 March 2006 05:51
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Run command when Live TV starts...

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a command when playback of a
program  (or Live TV) starts or stops?  I would like to be able to have myth
turn my receiver on and off when it is needed.  Is this possible?
Thanks,
Jll

If it's an external receiver then surely you're already using an external
channel changer script? I'm sure it would be a matter of moments to add a
discrete on code to the start of the channel change script. As for turning
it off.. check for it being in use using one of the many "tuner status"
methods, polling every few minutes, then turn it off with a discrete code.

HTH

Steve