[mythtv-users] 0.19 and MythBurn/mythtvburn

drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 15:34:37 UTC 2006

--- drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com wrote:

> > What version of mjpegtools are you using? I'm still using 1.6.2-r4 not
> > the latest version 1.8.0-r1.
> > Might be worth giving the older version a try if you are using the newer
> > version before messing with the compiler.
> >
> Both versions segfault.
>
> > Have you tried running jpeg2yuv on its own by piping the output to a
> > file to make sure it isn't mpeg2enc that is causing the segfault?
> >
> Yes, I have tried this many times on several gentoo boxes and it segfaults all the
> time.
>
> # jpeg2yuv -v 2 -n 200 -I p -f 29.97 -j output1.jpg > img.dat
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Parsing & checking input files.
> --DEBUG: [jpeg2yuv] Analyzing output1.jpg to get the right pic params
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] YUV colorspace detected.
>
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Starting decompression
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Image dimensions are 720x480
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Movie frame rate is:  29.970030 frames/second
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Non-interlaced/progressive frames.
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Frame size:  720 x 480
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Number of Loops 1
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Now generating YUV4MPEG stream.
> --DEBUG: [jpeg2yuv] Preparing frame
>    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Processing non-interlaced/interleaved output1.jpg, size 54054
> Segmentation fault
>
> John

I just tried the same exact file on an amd64 box and with gcc-3.4.4 and
mjpegtools-1.8.0-r1 and it worked fine. One other difference is the amd64 box only
has one processor while my mythtv box is a dual processor athlon mp 2200 with 2GB of
REG PC2100 ECC. I'll try to track this one down...

John

John