[mythtv-users] mythtv/ivtv on FC5 (was: Fedora Core 5 gotchas?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 28 08:13:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:30:18AM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
> [repost this bit, didn't seem to make it yesterday]
>
> Around about 27/03/06 15:10, Axel Thimm typed ...
> > Maybe you're just looking for http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/video4linux/
> > Give it a try.
>
>    Ooh, yes thanks, I will.
>
>    Do I just ... install the RPMs?  Will that override the kernel modules
> (update modprobe.conf, etc.) automatically, or is there a set of instructions
> I need to follow?
>
>    I assume it hasn't got any of the ivtv modules [as they're in the ivtv-kmdl
> RPM]?
>

> [new bit]
>
>    Ouch, that was a near total disaster!  I downloaded the v4l kmdl from
> above, gave it a cursory check (-q -scripts), and installed it.
>
>    That broke both my Nova-T and my stable PVR-350 [ivtv] :-(  There're
> clashes and name problems galore.  These seem to be the same errors that are
> popping out of FC5/2.6.16?

The v4l packages and the ivtv bits aren't yet meant to be used
together. You'd probably need ivtv 0.6 with the v4l packages. You
mentioned Nova-T, that's why I recommended the use of the above
packages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net