[mythtv-users] comcast digital box and mythTV

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 04:21:10 UTC 2006

Well, I have comcast in Kentucky and it is a 50/50 gamble on getting a
serial enabled box.

I have two DCT2224/1601's and both have the serial port enabled, I
just purchased a streamzap pc remote and usb ir receiver.  I use the
dct channel changer and point on input setup at -d/dev/ttyS0 and the
other input setup at -d/dev/ttyS1.  Also, if you opt for the serial
control of channels then the box will require a firmware version of
7.54 or above.  My boxes have firmware 7.93, I have a third box in the
house and it is a DCT5XXX series (newer box) but only has firmware
2.94.  Go figure!

Search the list within the last 8 days and you will find the things I
had to do to get it working.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org