[mythtv-users] Virgin post to mythlist - changechannel gives error

Clayton Huml claytonhuml at msn.com
Tue Mar 28 04:09:46 UTC 2006

All,
	...been lurking on the list for months now... Have been able to
search the docs, watch the list and google my way past all the hurdles up
until now.  FWIW what I know about linux might fill a dimple on a golf ball.

The Box:	FC4 per Jarod's guide, PVR150, 1.5GB, 160GB SATA, GF4MX4000.
Plays DVD's; Displays TV; records tv; Hauppage remote works with all apps
including xine.

Trying to control the CrapCast DCT2244 digital cable box via the
changechannel.py script and a serial cable.  When I start mythbackend, I get
the following error...

<<<<>>>>

too many chars!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/changechannel.py", line 194, in ?
    CHANKEY=chr(int(chanset[num-1:num]))
NameError: name 'chanset' is not defined

<<<<>>>>

The Question:  Where should 'chanset' be defined?  In this script? Somewhere
else globally?  Should I be using something different entirely to control my
cable box?

TIA

Clay
Denver/USA