[mythtv-users] Plextor external USB capture device

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 28 01:56:54 UTC 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Jim Minihane wrote:

> I thought the driver issue was only on Mythdora. Not on FC4 in
> general.

MythDora is using the very same ALSA rpms that you get from atRPMS,
and the very same kernel and kernel module, so I don't see how it
could be MythDora-specific.

As for using kernel and ALSA modules from the FC-4 distribution, I
don't know, haven't tried it.

I have not tried a bog-standard atRPMs installation either, but since
all components involved would be the same so should the results, but
that is an assumption on my part, there may be other factors I'm not
aware of.

I know Axel is aware of the situation, but I don't know what if any
conclusions he may have come to.

I have now set up a test machine with a MythDora 2.1 installation so
I can work on the problem without risking my operating system, I have
several different Hard drives and a spare Plextor that I can use for
various installation types, I just need to get some free time, you
know how that goes :-).