[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Lucien D. ldunning at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:51:27 UTC 2006

This may be better placed on a lirc-centric mailing list, but I'll try
here first.

everything has been working brillantly up until last night.  During
the night the power went off in my room while my comp was running.
When I got everything booted back up it appears that lirc has stopped
working.

I've done all the debugging I can think of, everything seems to be
working as it should.  No error messages in the log, the modules are
all there, the dev files are all there, the daemon is running.  But
when I run irw there is no output.  I checked that batteries (made
that mistake before) and they were fine.  I am running out of ideas,
so any help would be appreciated.

system:
gentoo linux
kernel 2.6.15 (gentoo-sources)