[mythtv-users] lirc question: native or irxevent?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Mar 27 19:04:43 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 26/03/06, Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz> wrote:
>> I am just playing around with lirc in an effort to get rid of the "I am
>> bloody sick of that keyboard lying on the floor in front of the TV"
>> messages that wife-1.0 keeps spitting into /var/log/messages.

I suggest that you jump back to Jarod's site and download his patch to
rc.sysinit. I had NO real luck getting lirc to install and stay
installed until I made that change.

Next: you must ensure that the names you use for the keys in lircd.conf
and the names you use in lircrc are exactly the same.

Channel-UP !== ChannelUp !== Ch+  etc.

Best route is to stop lircd and use mode2 to get the key-names, then use
those in lircrc.

Obscure and extremely frustrating problem.

> You can also run irxevent at the same time (I think native support
> takes precedence as I don't seem to have any problems doing this) have
> a remote with a stealth QWERTY keyboard inside it so I can use it as a
> mini-keyboard if I need to.

What sort of remote is that?  Sounds interesting....
--
        R. Geoffrey Newbury
      Barrister and Solicitor

   905-271-9600  Fax 905-271-1638