[mythtv-users] Turtle Beach Riviera SPDIF Problems

Jason Chrin jasonchrin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 03:49:54 UTC 2006

Hello there.

I'm having some troubles getting my SPDIF to work in MythTV.  It works fine
from mplayer in MythVideo and from aplay on the command line.  I read the
wiki here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound and
tried the various suggestions with no luck.  I also tried snagging a
.asoundrc file from the wiki for CMI8738-MC6 posted here
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Asoundrc_CMI8738-MC6 with similar
results.

This is a fresh build that I made this morning.  I previously was using FC1
with .14, but since I got the new sound card and a bigger hd figured I
should upgrade.  Everything else seems to be back to normal, but I can't
seem to wrap my head around this one.  (pretty much a linux noob too, just
know enough to get myself in trouble).  Also, how can I tell if my mythtv
install is compiled with ALSA support?  I pretty much followed Jarod's guide
and yum'ed my way through the install.

Thanks