[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 26 21:08:51 UTC 2006

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing here? Are you saying you have a
live cd based frontend/backend combo?

MythTV is a PVR. The whole of its being is designed around the PVR way of
doing things. So it sounds like you've got the wrong program for the task at
hand.

The thing about the internals of MythTV is, when you watch LiveTV you have
actually just scheduled a recording, and are watching the recording as it's
being written to disk. Even in the last version, the stream was written to
disk (the ring buffer) and then read back. IIRC.

I think you just need the right tool for the Job, I know MythTV looks,
pretty and cool, but it's really not what you're after.

Steve