[mythtv-users] Yet another NVidia 6200 1080i Component Output thread

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 16:03:17 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
>> You don't get EDID from component connections, so that doesn't help much.
>>
>> Jeff.
>>

> then Powerstrip won't do anything either.

Well, not automatically, at any rate.  It does do a much better job of
letting you try manual changes than linux equivalents like xvidtune.
However, my recent experience with the nvidia driver seems to indicate
to me that it doesn't pay much attention to the modeline anyway (see my
previously posted xorg.conf file).  Any of the modelines I've come up
with, while they ought to be visibly different, result in exactly the
same output to the TV.  I can see from Xorg.0.log that it says it is
using each of them when I CTRL-ALT-+ to switch.  It is as if the drivers
see that TVFormat is HD1080i and decides to use some default modeline,
no matter what you specify in xorg.conf.  I may end up going back to the
transcoder and trying that to get a less overscanned picture, although I
had really hoped the direct component output would work better.

Jeff.