[mythtv-users] PVR-500 & mutiple sources

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 15:49:44 UTC 2006

On 26/03/06, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a myth system that for the most part is working fine.  I have a
> pvr-500 as the tuner card which has a Source called "Standard
> Cable" (IE: direct cable input) and a Source called "Digital Cable" (IE:
> from my cable box controlled via a IR blaster).  Standard Cable is used
> for both of my tuners and Digital Cable is connected to the
> composite-in.  Standard cable has channels up to 99 and Digital goes way
> above that...
>
> My question is: how do I record shows on channels higher than 99 (ie on
> my digital cable)?  I thought this would happen automagically -- but it
> doesn't seem to.  I can look at mythweb and look at the config options,
> I can see 2 sourceid (1 & 2) where "1" goes to 799 and "2" goes to 99.
> If I schedule a show on say 114 (BBC America) it acts like all is good,
> but when I look at it -- I only see a "D" for size and nothing is
> actually recorded.

Is the digital cable "input chain" configured correctly? You will need
to make sure the following items are taken care of:

i) you have defined a video source and channel
ii) you have attached this source to the correct Composite input in
"Input Connections"
iii) the input has a valid channel change script associated with it

I would hazard a guess that LiveTV watching through the Composite
input does not work either? In my experience, it is easier to get
recordings working first and then LiveTV.

Check the backend log for the error it is giving when you are trying
to record a show. Likely it will give a useful message which will
narrow down where the problem lies.

> BTW: I looked at the mailing list and I didn't see anything specifically
> addressing this, however in a thread named "Changing channel to another
> tuner/source" it talks about something like this being in SVN.  I am
> running SVN.

This is more likely covering the ability being able to jump tuners
when watching LiveTV (and selecting a channel not available on the
current tuner) without first having to manually switch to another
input that carries the desired channel.

Nick